Saturday, February 7, 2009

I was driving down the road today, half paying attention, half not - when I was jolted out of myself to see an extremely large semi backing across two lanes of traffic directly in front of me. It was one of those OMG! moments, like I'm sure must happen when people inadvertently ram into the rear end of police cars (which I'll confess has always been a dream of mine...) At any rate, as I jammed on my brakes, cursing at the semi, it reminded me that there are times in life, even when you have the 'right of way', that the potential wreckage of running into something is simply not worth asserting your rights over.

There are times, and hopefully not too many of them, when smartest thing to do is let some asshole block your path and simply put up with it. Then again, there are other times, when it's equally important to ram or run at something with every ounce of your courage, strength and innovation.

The trick is knowing when to do what. Pick your collisons well.

No comments: