Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So it's January 12th today and I still have my christmas tree up. This is a huge anomoly for me, since I'm usually ripping away every hint of Christmas December 26th. But this year, I just trimmed and redecorated the tree on January 10th and have no intention of taking it down til Spring. This year, I'm keeping it as a winter tree. It'll last for months, flocked in fire retardant cellulose and expensive as heck.

I'm not much of a symbolism person, but the past month has sucked so bad, and left me so baked, I figure what can it hurt to keep a tree to play with.

And mark the good things that happen. A recovered from surgery tree!, a birthday tree!, a valentines tree!

Sometimes you just need a pretty sparkly thing to remind you to hope.

4 comments:

Scott said...

what about an "out of my tree" tree?

lori said...

Hah, ya that's pretty much what it is.

Erin said...

My Christmas guitar is still up. But that's just because I'm lazy. I plan on being lazy for a good while longer :)

Mat Steele said...

Next year get a live tree, keep it in a pot of dirt and just leave it up all year. Decorate accordingly.