Friday, May 21, 2010

I visited a little art gallery in Maple Ridge yesterday. It's been a long time since I've been to an art show. I used to go frequently, and in my very distant past, reported on Cable TV for a gallery just outside Vancouver. I didn't realize at the time tho, how much I actually liked art & artists - I just thought it was cool to be on tv...

The interesting thing about art in any form, is that it's a reflection of how someone sees and interprets the world. And how we see & interpret the world is so amazingly varied.

Have you ever looked across a lake when sunlight reflects upon it, and pools in the wavy dips like brush strokes, or looked at clouds in the same way? That's how the landscape artist, Steve Amsden sees Alouette lake.









Or here, Jackson Basin in bold Picasso like abstractism. I've never looked at a mountain like this, ever before...















Art and imagination in all it's forms - love it or hate it, opens your mind to the miracle of seeing something through someone else's eyes.

Einstein said, 'There are two ways to live; you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle'.

I'm going to spend this long weekend miracle hunting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Back again!
The most interesting thing about Picasso is the way he saw things - unlike everyone else.
R.