Monday, June 14, 2010

I've read 2 books on philosophy these past few weeks, different authors, both entirely different. One I loved, it sang with word pictures and clarity. The second I plowed painfully through, trying to decipher what in the world concept the writer was aiming to relate. The ideas were tangled in pretentious words that reminded me of a spool of thread I once saw wound chaotically through a pile of dirty laundry.

So now being an expert, have formed my forever and always opinion based on almost nothing...

I despise bullshit 'academia' language.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What needs to be discerned through the complexities of academic discourse is that much of the writing revolves through the contradictions of shit (just like this last sentence). Academics are impressed by shit. That is why many have their heads up their asses.
R.

lori said...

Hahaaaa!

I like Einstein's quote:

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

2sunset said...

My Dad always said "bullshit baffles brains"
I agree with Einstein, and my Dad too.