Friday, June 18, 2010

Love the Way You Lie

Love him or hate him, over the years, Eminem has made some incredible observations about the darker side of human nature. Personally, I applaud his insightful manic poetry and lyrical contradictions of himself. I've often found echoes of things I feel in his music.

He has a new album being released on June 22, called Recovery. My daughter was playing a track, 'Love the Way You Lie' yesterday. It's a joint project of Rhianna & Eminem's. Lest that put you off, I can say, it's one of the best statements on domestic violence, codependent relationships and the twisted thread that holds them together that I've ever heard.

Sometimes music says things the way nothing else can.

I've linked to it below, but the quality's not great since it's a pre release.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my rant/opinion… The lyrics don’t hold anything back, but the song still sucks. Only a TOOL would pay money for this. DO NOT BE A TOOL!!! If you must listen to this crap, PIRATE THE FUCK OUT OF IT. Thank you.
R

lori said...

First rant of almost summer vacation?

I still like it. I think it has something to say.

Go ahead - slam me.