Thursday, July 1, 2010

There's nothing quite as intimidating as a l-a-r-g-e new blank canvas when the last one didn't turn out. Reading about old and new masters, while inspiring, is daunting too.

I'm emboldening myself with a glass of iced sparkling raspberry wine and Pachelbel's Canon in D major. Which incidentally was the song my dad walked me down the aisle to 23 years ago. Ahh, sweet memories.

I'm growing quite the dollar store collection of classical music. It's almost impossible to paint to Little Wayne. I've made a new friend at the dollar store dropping in & out frequently for canvases and music. A clerk who shares wild stories of surviving heart attacks, MS, eczema and 4 children. Today she told me the secret to life is in the BAG. Beginning Anew, Accepting What Is and Going For It. One day soon, I'm going to invite her over to my house.

So, here's to beginning anew. Happy Canada Day.

No comments: