Sunday, February 6, 2011

'Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?!'

So I woke up this morning to the heavy sound of rain water pouring from the drain spout outside my bedroom window splooshing onto the concrete below. I don't know why - but that sound gets me like clammy damp hands tightening around my throat or wait, worse - reaching into my bra. Or wait! worse again! chinese water torture! Not a way to start the day...

I got up and wrote myself a little note, 'talk about hope to yourself today', hoping to ward off the familiar threatening February gloom. I spend all February trying to figure out what i need to make it better... A change of paint colour in my house? a bigger life? a lot of chocolate? a lobotomy?

So I opened my trusty google page and googled hope for the second time this week. There's alot of lame ass stuff out there, religious platitudes, sentimental quotes and such, but not much to rip off the slimey, dense, life choking, westcoast moss climbing up my soul, the way it does on trees and fences and geeez, even rocks this time of year.

But I found this! Nine minutes of lyrical nonsense that uprooted the invasive green parazoan at least until the gutter starts to pour again... (or i can hop the next non-stop to Barcelona.)


Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are
Uploaded by MistyIsland1. - See more comedy videos.

No comments: