Friday, March 19, 2010

Another hand held device to distract me from driving!

So I got a new cell phone yesterday. Actually it's one of my son's old cell phones. He emphatically insisted upon deleting several hundred messages prior to passing it on to me, cuz you know, I might search his private messages or something. (which I'd never do... haha.) My kids pretty much tell me everything anyhow. It's my husband's email I like to search; church board stuff, weighty church concerns, financial secrets, general what's happening - but back to the phone!

It's such a great toy! I've had the most meaningful conversations with my kids the last 24 hours: With Lisa,

Me: Hey GF! My New Phone!

Lisa: hey gf ur a loser

She thinks my getting excited about texting is pretty lame. And apparently so is using caps, punctuation and correct spelling. This girl can text @ 120 kms/hour, not in the passenger seat. I have a lot to live up to.

Or my son, Ben:

Me: Poohead!

Ben: tardhead

Me: Itchy Bum!

Ben: effin delightful

You get the drift.

I used to have a cell phone but after a few months the novelty wore off & I ditched it. Not to mention I nearly had a cardiac, and an accident, every time it rang in my red car, which is standard, in the zipped up inner pocket in the inside of my red purse on the back seat of the red car floor. I swing between thinking it's useful to be able to be contacted by anyone/anytime/anywhere in the universe - and basically wanting to never be contacted by anyone at anytime. But this new phone is blue, not red, so maybe it won't be as annoying or dangerous...

I've been sending out pics of Frodo this morning since I learned to use the camera. (Which reminds me, I came across an amusing line this week, 'When life gets you down, act like a dog and piss on it!' Haha.) So text me with your # if you'd like an ugly dog pic or especially if you'd like to commiserate about things to piss on: 217-6313

Happy texting!
Lori

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

but dnt thnk txting is gud in tlet. Trns # brn & cel stnky
R.

lori said...

What? 'but don't think texting is good in toilet. Trns (?) # brn (?) & cell stinky?'

Anonymous said...

no recs ky pd 2.
ask lis
R

Anonymous said...

let me know your area code, phone # & provider.
i will text you 2day or 2nite.
bfn
R.

lori said...

604 217 6313
provider is rogers

I got a msg from you I think! But couldn't respond. You said, " I poop" Glad to hear that!